Sandstone church building designed in the Gothic revival style; has an arced entrance with arched s Originally built as a Methodist church; foundation stone laid in 1889 by Mrs J White - opened in 189 Type of site: Church Current use: religious.Historical and architectural interest - A Gothic revival style building built in 1889 and also playe Single storey buildings; corrugated iron roof and face brick walls; roof is also pitched and has gab Erected during 1906/7 and came into use during 1907.
Duringthe Anglo-Boer War, Type of site: commercial Current use: shop.
This building forms an important part in the architecture of the streetscape of Gladstone Street and Police station building; brown stone building with a wide timber verandah of the traditional Natal st Both buildings built in the same period - 1878.
seems cut off Type of site: Tree Current use: other: indigenous plants.
Protected indigenous plants Fort Mistake, built in the style of the Indian hill forts, is architecturally unique in South Africa.
It is 37 km (23 mi) from Dundee, 18 km (11 mi) from Helpmekaar and 16 km (10 mi) from Isandhlwana. A small British force of two officers and 110 men defended themselves bravely against the repeated attacks of some 4,000 Zulus.
Eleven Victoria Crosses were awa Double storey; symmetrical; pediment surrounded by cement railings; Georgian-style entrance door; up Was originally built as a Masonic Lodge-the second lodge built in Dundee.The Battle of Talana, which took place on 20 October 1899 was the first large battle of the Anglo-Boer War (1899–1902). Travelling out of Dundee towards Vryheid the museum is on the lefthand side of the road about one ki.It was in several other respects also a most important battle from the point of view of military history. Historical interest - The Battle of Talana, which took place on 20 October 1899, was the first large Homestead consisting of typical colonial farmhouse, a dressed dolorite stable, coach-house with bill Built c1897 after the farm was purchased by Peter Smith, the founder of the Borough of Dundee, for h Type of site: House Previous use: homestead. Travelling out of Dundee towards Vryheid turn left to Thornley about 2 km (1 mi) after crossing the bridge o.It was named after Mrs Judith van Tonder who Type of site: Cemetery Current use: church.This stone church with its straight end gables and neo-Gothic windows and doors was inaugurated in JSingle storey building with cruciform corrugated iron roof; plastered brick walls; oregon pine doors The Hollies is believed to have been built in the 1890s as the home of A.It was an important element of the British fortifications, which were erected between Ladysmith and Newcastle just before the First War of Independence i Type of site: Fort Previous use: fortification. On the west side of the R23 about 50 km (31 mi) north of Ladysmith or south of Newcastle is the hamlet of For.